Kitchen Makeover

Monday, April 4, 2016

We bought our first house last month and we moved in just over a week ago. Before we moved in we wanted to have a few renovations done, most of which took place in the kitchen. The kitchen is galley style, so I wanted to focus on making this narrow space feel more open. We had someone replace the old floors with hardwood to match the already existing wood floors in the living room and hallways, then had them all stained a darker color and then a satin finish put on them (by the way, I would HIGHLY recommend a satin finish, I love the natural look it gives not to mention that it's lower maintenance than a glossy/shiny finish!). For the cabinets, we kept the original cabinets and hardware but had them painted in an antique white, Dover White by Sherwin Williams. Then had a dark brown glazing swept over the edges, I really love how rich this makes them look and also it brings out their unique structure. For the wall color we went with Collonade Gray by Sherwin Williams. We have white dentil crown molding and this warm taupe/gray really makes them POP. I am loving the French Country feel my kitchen is having! 
Now, who wants to come over for some coffee?
Before and after.



The laundry closet is at the end of the kitchen.
  
I got this bird cage from T.J.Maxx, it actually is meant to be hung and holds pictures but I love it for my kitchen window.

Lovely little coffee nook.

I found this $5 scalloped cake stand at Target, I'm using it to hold my soap and sponges next to the sink.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new house! I have been house hunting with my fiance and it is a exciting and stressful time. It's hard to find a house we agree on. I really love what you did to the kitchen. The kitchen counters are very stylish. I like how you have a laundry closet, and it's unique. Enjoy your new home, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete